I am often asked where I think the “next big thing” will be in the French Alps. What I am really being asked is “which resort should I invest in to see the best return on my capital”. Now if I knew that I’d not be sat here…..
But if pushed I have been plugging Samoens. But only because I like it. Personally I don’t live there but I often think that if I was to choose again I might. It has everything I want from a place to live.
- A nice “authentic” village, much of which is pedestrianised.
- Access to great skiing (Flaine / Le Grand Massif)
- A flat bottomed valley. I like this because I enjoy cycling and I have a young family.
- Quick access to Geneva airport (about 1 hr)
- Good access to some other ski areas, Les Gets / Portes du Soleil is 20 minutes, Praz des Lys, 20 minutues and Chamonix only about 45min.
- Some of the best walking in the Alps.
I took the picture above last week. Snowshoeing above Samoens beneath the Dents d’Oddaz.
It looks like Samoens is growing in popularity. It’s been featured in the press a few times recently.
- The Telegraph, “Samoens is the best resort in France?”
- In the Guardian, “Secret Satellites”
- The Times, “Is this the prettiest resort in the Alps?”
The picture above has been provided by the Tourist Office in Samoens
We currently have 40 properties for sale in Samoens ranging from:
Appt. Hotel Fleuri, 3
134 620 €uros
to the magnificent
Château du Bérouze
2 250 000 €uros
One of my favorites is:
1 800 000 €uros
Too bad I can’t afford it!